Hunters once prowled the wilderness and wastelands, taking big risks for even bigger rewards. You're no outlaw—at least, not anymore—but making your own luck has always meant bending the rules. Your unique brand of daring and ingenuity is needed now more than ever.
Hunters are easily recognizable in game due to their appearance, optioning to wear hoods and capes, as well as comprising most of their armor with cloth. In combat they choose a more stealthy approach.
 Abilities & Skills
Like other Guardians, the Hunter has abilities specific to their class, which are also unique to the subclass of the Hunter. Some of the abilities are granted to them by channeling the power of the Traveler. The abilities that this class possesses can be upgraded over time and are able to be used in competitive play.
The Subclasses available to the Hunter are:
- Gunslinger, a passive set of skills aimed at tactfully dealing with enemies.
- Bladedancer, a level-15 Hunter subclass with unconfirmed abilities and characteristics.
Currently, there are Four known abilities for the Hunter class:
- Golden Gun: The Hunter's weapon is imbued with golden energy that increases the damage it deals.
- Grenade Abilities: The Hunter class is known to have a grenade ability that creates several red explosives which float & home in on nearby enemies.
- Blink Ability: Hunter seemingly vanishes and appears again in a nearby location.
- Charge Ability: Hunter charges their knife with arcane energy from the Traveler, increasing damage dealt causing anyone cut to instantly vaporize.
 Known Hunters
 Character Design
During the GDC 2013 Bungie panel they confirmed the the core design concept of the Hunter was based around a Bounty Hunter, further citing inspiration from Han Solo and characters was old Western style classic films. During the GDC 2014 panel, Hunters were described frontier scouts and scavengers, leaving the sanctum of the City to scout the road ahead and scavenge any technology that might be useful to the civilians of the city, due to this their armor and general appearance is based on a mismatched look, but with style and functionality. They wear packs and straps which are both functional and fashionable and their helmets are based on gas masks and those worn with hasmat suits. Their armor is light and fitted to allow for mobility and speed and is comprised of a hard chest plate over a light kevlar mid-section.
- "Hunters", by specie name, have appeared before in games developed by Bungie, appearing in Marathon and Halo. This is the first game they haven't appeared as an enemy.
Hunter Class Guardian on the Moon
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 bungie.net Explore: Hunter
- ↑ destiny.bungie.org Transcript of the official English version of the cards
- ↑ destinyplayers.com Warlock Controls
- ↑ mmorpg.org Delving into Bungie's vision
- ↑ bungie.net the Mailsack of your dreams
- ↑ bungie.net Building the Destiny E3 reveal
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 bungie Thank you, Destiny community
- ↑ bungie.net Destiny Drawing Board: the Hunters Knife
- ↑ GDC 2014 Bungie presentation
Games: Destiny (2014) • Unnamed Game (2016) • Unnamed Game (2018) • Unnamed Game (2020)
Classes: Hunter • Warlock • Titan
Races: Human • Exo • Awoken • Cabal • Vex • Fallen • Hive
Characters: Crow • Mask • Phogoth • Queen of the Reef • Charlemagne
Factions: Clovis Bray • Dead Orbit • Forces of the City • Future War Cult • Guardians • House of Devils • New Monarchy • Osiris • Seven Seraphs
Weapons: Arcus Regime • Closing Time • Combat Knife • Conduit F3 • Cudgel of Xanthor • Duke Mk.44 • Fate of All Fools • Gjallarhorn • Monitor S11 • Pocket Infinity • PSI Umbra II • Red Death • Sanctuary No 2 • Silver Dollar Mk.35 • Super Good Advice • Suros Regime • Thorn • Last Word • Thunderlord • Viper P3
Vehicles: Devil Walker • Onyx Pyramid Ship • Pike • Colony Ship • Guardian Ships • Guardian Dropship • Unidentified Spacecraft • Sparrow • Cabal Dropship • Fallen Dropship • Shrike
Planets: Mercury • Venus • Earth • Moon • Mars • Jupiter • Europa • Saturn
Locations: Citadel • Crucible • Devil's Lair • Shores of Time • Black Garden • Cosmodome Breach • European Dead Zone • The City • Overwatch District • Tower • Mumbai Push • Old Chicago • Old Russia • Twilight Gap • Accelerator • Hellmouth • Moonbase • Ocean of Storms • Charlemagne's Vault • Dust Palace • Exclusion Zone • Buried City • The Reef
Technology: Ghost • Warmind
Related ThreadsThe Hunters Hunted quest bugged? - last post @ Feb 11, 2016
Trophy/Achievement Hunters: Q+A Thread - last post @ Jan 2, 2013