The alpha allowed players to explore three main areas of the game, Old Russia on Earth, The Tower and the Crucible. The players were able to create their own characters via the character creation menu, choosing from one of the three classes, Titan, Warlock and Hunter and then from the three playable races, Human, Awoken and Exo. There also a variety of aesthetic alterations players could make to their characters such as tattoos (known as marks), facial hair, hair color, etc. Once inside the alpha players had full explorability of the areas available and could even undertake story and side missions on Earth, either by themselves or cooperatively with friends or random strangers.
The characters created during this phase of testing will not be able to pass to the Beta phase of testing.
- The Alpha was 6.7GB
- Bungie released the stats it had attained during this testing phase, which included:
- 6,461,871 games since it launched on June 12
- 49,522,313 Primary Weapon kills
- 21,782,610 Secondary Weapon kills
- 4,002,737 Heavy Weapon kills
- 21,687,298 Super Ability kills
- 2,819,211 Orbs of Light gathered
- 6,850,773 Control points captured in the Crucible
- 1,195 Deathless Medals awarded in the Crucible
- 4,356 Splatters with the Sparrow
- 667,966 Public Events joined
- 60,491,944 Fallen Dregs "dispatched with Extreme Prejudice"
Related ThreadsDestiny Alpha video's - last post by @ Jul 11, 2014
Destiny Alpha. - last post by @ Jun 17, 2014
Destiny's PlayStation-exclusive content details as alpha comes to a close, includes Mars 'Strike' mission - last post by Dragoon @ Jun 17, 2014